Celebrate the Festive Season in the Spiritual Heart of Australia
8 November 2023
As the holiday season approaches, Ayers Rock Resort invites travellers from all over the world to experience a Christmas and New Year's Eve like never before.
With festive food galore, native-inspired Christmas trees and the best Christmas lights - the desert stars - Uluru is the perfect place to create unique and lasting holiday memories.
Cap it off with a New Year's light display like no other at Wintjiri Wiru. The Red Centre's newest major attraction sees over 1,100 drones take flight in the desert sky each night, immersing guests in a stunning Indigenous cultural storytelling while they sip and dine on native culinary delights.
Holidays with the family in the Red Centre are a special way to learn more about Indigenous culture while celebrating together. Ayers Rock Resort's curated calendar of events provide travellers with ample opportunity to experience the wonders of the desert, the spirituality of Uluru and the magic of the festive season.
Travellers can mark their festive calendars with the following activities:
- Indulge in Christmas Eve with a Native Flavours Degustation Dinner at Arnguli Grill & Restaurant at Desert Gardens Hotel, featuring marron tail with desert lime, aged wagyu tenderloin with quandong jus, and a native red velvet Christmas trifle.
- Mark Christmas Day in style with a Festive Feast available for lunch or dinner at Ilkari, at Sails in the Desert. Featuring a sumptuous seafood selection, summer salads and hot dishes from around the world, the star of the show will be an interactive chef station where Christmas classics are served with an Australian twist - think lemon myrtle rubbed Barramundi with desert lime hollandaise, seared wild kangaroo with Davidson plum-cabernet jus and topped off with native wattle seed pavlova for dessert.
- Uluru's A Night at Field of Light and Sounds of Silence outdoor dining experiences will showcase festive native flavours like braised NT crocodile coleslaw and bush honey glazed Christmas ham.
- Swap fireworks for drones and celebrate New Year's Eve in style at Wintjiri Wiru. Dine on gourmet native delicacies as you watch an astounding Anangu cultural storytelling experience, featuring over 1,100 drones taking to the desert night sky to tell the ancestral Mala story.
- Kick-on at the Outback BBQ & Bar with live music and a DJ who will get everyone up and dancing, and a final countdown and confetti to ring in the New Year.
- Sails in the Desert hotel reception and bar will be buzzing with live music from country and rock singer Laura Franks throughout the festive season.
For more information, or to book, visit www.ayersrockresort.com.au, phone 1300 134 044 or see your local travel agent.