Why it's Time to Plan an Uluru Drive Adventure in 2024
9 January 2024
Ayers Rock Campground is the ultimate destination for roadtrippers, campers, and caravanners to experience the magic of Uluru like never before - by offering the freedom of outback camping and caravanning together with the comfort of full resort amenities. And it's just been voted Jayco's 'Greatest Escape' for couples according to a national poll.
Located 20km from the iconic monolith and part of the famous Red Centre Way driving route, Ayers Rock Campground offers the ultimate 2024 Uluru experience for savvy travellers. To celebrate the new year, travellers can stay four or nights or more and save 30% when they book before 29 February 2024.*
Matt Cameron-Smith, CEO of Voyages, says: "We keep hearing from campers and caravanners that they wish they'd booked a longer stay at Ayers Rock Campground - they don't realise how much there is to do until they arrive. It's a camping holiday that gives you the best of both worlds, perfectly blending freedom with comfort in the spiritual heart of Australia - Uluru."
Discover why an Uluru drive holiday should be on your itinerary in 2024:
Ayers Rock Campground has accommodation options to suit every budget and season. To make booking even easier, fixed seasonal pricing has been introduced, offering Peak, Shoulder and Low season price-points. And to cater to the growing drive market, nine additional powered sites and five unpowered sites are now available.
- Pitch your tent or park your rig under the shade of native desert oaks and sleep under the stars - unpowered sites start from $21 a night, powered sites from $28 a night (based on the Stay More and Save 30% offer)
- Unwind in recently refreshed two-bedroom, air-conditioned cabins from just $195 a night.
Ayers Rock Campground is a gateway to to iconic Uluru experiences, including the mesmerising Wintjiri Wiru, a world-first drone and cultural storytelling experience accompanied by gourmet-fare; the enchanting Field of Light, where 50,000 radiant frosted-glass spheres gently bloom with rhythms of coloured light; the magical Sounds of Silence, an evening of dining under the sparkling outback sky; and the Astro Tour, where an experienced guide takes guests through the evolution of the universe.
Ayers Rock Campground stands out with its array of onsite amenities. These include a swimming pool, offering a cool respite after a day in the outback sun; BBQ facilities, where guests can meet and mingle with fellow adventurers; outdoor kitchen - save on costs and cook your own delicious meals in the open-air; self-service laundry, allows guests to pack light and explore freely; free shuttle bus for easy access to the resort's facilities; plus a range of on-site shops, including a Shell Service Station and an IGA Supermarket, where guests can stock up on essentials and souvenirs.
Diverse Dining and Entertainment:
When it's time for a break from homemade meals, guests can choose from 13 diverse dining options, at Ayers Rock Resort, from fine dining to casual fare. Go cheap and cheerful at Outback Kiosk for pizzas and burgers, Bough House for a traditional Aussie breakfast, and Kulata Academy Cafe, staffed by National Indigenous Training Academy (NITA) trainees and serving up a range of coffees, sandwiches, salads and smoothies.
There are not many campsites that offer culturally immersive activities for free. For Ayers Rock Campground, they include:
- Gallery of Central Australia (GoCA) Tour: Immerse yourself in the vibrant Indigenous art scene at the GoCA art gallery with a free educational tour available daily, showcasing the rich cultural heritage of the region.
- Bush Food Experience: Learn about and sample Australian and local bush tucker.
- Bush Yarns: Listen to enthralling, and important, stories of Anangu culture and tradition.
- Capturing the Cosmos: Discover more about Uluru's night skies with a documentary followed by a Q&A with our resident astronomy guide.
- Guided Garden Walks: Learn about native plants and their many food and medicinal uses with a local expert.
- Paint Your Own Australian Animal: Kids can create their own special souvenir to take home.
For information or to book, visit www.ayersrockresort.com.au, phone 1300 134 044 or see your local travel agent.
*Terms and conditions apply. Subject to availability. New bookings only. Must be booked before 29 February 2024. Based on two-person occupancy. Minimum 4-night stay. Not applicable to Campground Cabins. Pricing correct at 21 December 2023. For more information visit Stay More & Save 30%.